Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Motorcycle Discussion > eventually soon to be cafe racer

eventually soon to be cafe racer

This is a discussion on eventually soon to be cafe racer within the Motorcycle Discussion forums, part of the General category; so as i look at cafe racers for ideas to turn my goliath into a simple seed demon i notice ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2013   #1

Default eventually soon to be cafe racer

so as i look at cafe racers for ideas to turn my goliath into a simple seed demon i notice 2 things i cant seem to figure out. some people hide the battery, figured that out, while others its a god damn mystery where it is! secondly, i have enough wires to make an ironman suite, while all the pics im using you cant find te wires for the turn signals on the the handlebars. much less all the fuses, control gauges and whatnot. ideas or suggestions as to what to do with all this wiring?
cafecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #2

Some of the wiring can be routed through the handlebars while other wiring can be hidden by running through the frame. Drilling would be required in most cases.
recycledcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #3

Do not drill through the frame. It may cause cracks and possible disaster.
There are some real cool high capacity, but tiny lithium ion batteries that can be hidden under the seat, if you don't want it to show.

Handlebar wiring can be completely eliminated by just not running any switches on the handlebars. Loose the turn signals and put the headlight switch on the headlight bucket along with any indicators and ignition switch you think you may need.

It really depends on what kind of bike you are giving the Cafe treatment to on how spartan you can make it look.

- John.
John is offline   Reply With Quote