Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Motorcycle Discussion > Trouble with 1974 Suzuki Ts100 Honcho

Trouble with 1974 Suzuki Ts100 Honcho

This is a discussion on Trouble with 1974 Suzuki Ts100 Honcho within the Motorcycle Discussion forums, part of the General category; I have a 1974 Suzuki Ts100. This is my forst and only bike. Nobody had taught me how to ride ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2013   #1

Default Trouble with 1974 Suzuki Ts100 Honcho

I have a 1974 Suzuki Ts100. This is my forst and only bike. Nobody had taught me how to ride I just new how it worked and hopped on and went. Doning pretty good I guess. Problem is when I bought this bike I was pretty well satisfied with it. Then I did a little research on it and found that it should have a lot more power and speed that it did. For the first time ever I took something to a shop I have always fixed things myself cars trucks tractors computers etc etc. But I just wanted my bike to work so I could enjoy it without frusteration. Well the guy at the shop tells me my compression is great, the exhaust however was clogged. I thought well great easy fix I will have it back in no time. 3 months later and several calls me wanting my bike back, the guy says your bike is done come get it. I get there and after several attempts to start it nothing. Couple weeks later its done again After several attempts nothing won't start, same thing a week later I go up there again he had got it working again blew out my back tire during his test drive so after being told it was done and i could pick it up I couldnt A week or so later it was done again I get there it won't start and gas is poring out all over the ground, float was stuck i guess. I was furious I told him to load the bike in my truck I am done. He insisted on one more try at the fix. Later that day I picked up my bike. When I took it to him it would start first or second kick, now who knows but I can start it. It has alot more power than it did. I took it up to 50mph that day, my front tire needs replaced so I haven't went much faster. Oh and I didn't mention he installed me a brand new battery that won't hold a charge and I did not ask for. And threw out my original air filter and put nothing back in its place. Well my point behind all this is to let you all know that there is no telling what all has been done to my bike since I dropped it off. My problem is it's hard to start and in higher rpm's when I should be getting my power it cuts out on me instead of screaming its kinda sputtering. Any advise to fine tune my bike would be very helpfull. That was my first experiance taking anything to a shop I really don't want to do it again. Thanks yall!
Attached Thumbnails
p112812_1210.jpg  
83entrepreneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #2

wow, you are patient. You need to get an air filter in it immediately. May cure your problem, although most high rpm problems are electrical. Get a good manual which will serve you well as you seem to be mechanically inclined.
recycledcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #3

Default recycledcycles

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I spent alot of money on the bike taking it to the shop and all. Got mad at it and traded it for a colt .45 now i am looking for another bike.
83entrepreneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #4

Probably a wise decision. Probably will have to spend some bucks. Have to decide if you want one to work on or one to ride.
recycledcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #5

Suzuki is one of the great automobile companies which makes awesome bikes as well as cars.If you are facing some problem regarding your Suzuki bike then you should check it from the mechanic.