Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wiring Harness Idea...

This is a discussion on Wiring Harness Idea... within the Motorcycle Discussion forums, part of the General category; I get really tired of my wiring harness on my 73 CB350 and was thinking about making one of canvas ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009   #1

Default Wiring Harness Idea...

I get really tired of my wiring harness on my 73 CB350 and was thinking about making one of canvas and velcro. It's not weather-proof but it's clean looking and makes the wiring very accessible. I don't plan on trying to drive my bike underwater anytime soon. what do you think? People say they don't think it's a good idea but I haven't heard any good reason yet.
Tokyoburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to driver25314

go to your local auto parts store and pick up some wire loom material.they usually sell it by the foot or maybe a local auto repair will have some.the material i am talking about is a corragated plastic tube that is slit up one side its entire length.just tuck you're wires into it and the wrap with black tape to protect the wires.its not 100% waterproof but it keeps everything together and out of the way,looks good too.
driver25314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009   #3

thats what would be the safer route but i want something that is very easy to have access too. i have a fixer upper and who knows when im gonna have to fix that thing on the side of the road. i guess i dont trust my bike to not fail on me yet.
Tokyoburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to driver25314

the wire loom material is very accessable,you don't have to tape the entire length,just evey foot or so.the material is stiff enough to keep the wires in place for the most part by itself,the tape just keeps the errant wire from sneaking out,easy to pull apart at the seam and check your wiring or pull the offending wire out without having all your other wiring spread out.the auto parts store will also have mounting tabs to make a really nice installation.i looked the last time i was at advance auto parts and a 20ft roll was about 5.00 dollars
driver25314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #5

look for professional advice !
Teamworld is offer well-known branded names (i.e. BANDO, DID, NGK, YUASA) and accessories,Supply OEM motorcycle/scooter manufacturers such as Aprilia, Cagiva, Malaguti, Minarelli, Moto Guzzi, Kawasaki,and have Asiawide sourcing capabilities/production facilities.
Miomas0v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #6

I have built up several wiring harnesses using industrial sleeveing, every time the harnesses came out looking great.

Wire Sleeve, Braided Polyester, 1/2" x 18", Flex-Guard FPE

It's much more flexible than the plastic stuff you get at the car parts store.

John.
John is offline   Reply With Quote