Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Off Topic > how to repair bikes?

how to repair bikes?

This is a discussion on how to repair bikes? within the Off Topic forums, part of the General category; helloi have had and worked on bikes for years... my question is, is there a free online maintanence guide i ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2007   #1

Default how to repair bikes?

helloi have had and worked on bikes for years... my question is, is there a free online maintanence guide i can go to for specifics... i need to work on my caruretor for my honda xr600...
tophc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #2

Did you check Honda's website ? or ask them where could you find.
Jacky0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #3

You should contact with HONDA Service depatment or service call center.

I think that they will provide the service manual for you.
Or if only little problem. you can go to the motorbike shop directly.

I hope you will find the solution soon,

Miss Mio
Teamworld is offer well-known branded names (i.e. BANDO, DID, NGK, YUASA) and accessories,Supply OEM motorcycle/scooter manufacturers such as Aprilia, Cagiva, Malaguti, Minarelli, Moto Guzzi, Kawasaki,and have Asiawide sourcing capabilities/production facilities.
Miomas0v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #4

Okay new member, here is my first question. I have a honda CB750SC, when I got the bike last year the plugs were all fouled, the carbon was so bad it was caked on the plug. Changed the plugs, reset the gas/air mixture to factory setting. Now I am still changing the plugs every two months as they are fouling and it runs terrible. Any ideas as to how to fix the problem?
tbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #5

Wink

Warranty Claim
Teamworld is offer well-known branded names (i.e. BANDO, DID, NGK, YUASA) and accessories,Supply OEM motorcycle/scooter manufacturers such as Aprilia, Cagiva, Malaguti, Minarelli, Moto Guzzi, Kawasaki,and have Asiawide sourcing capabilities/production facilities.
Miomas0v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #6

may i ask was that a new bike when you got last year?
as i know spark plug shouldn't need be changed so short as 2 month.
you may try to ask distributor nearby your area directly.
Jacky0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #7

Default What do you need to know?

I am a Honda technical instructor. I can help guide you in any repairs you may want to try. Let me know.

Ross
Quote:
Originally Posted by tophc76 View Post
hello
i have had and worked on bikes for years... my question is, is there a free online maintanence guide i can go to for specifics... i need to work on my caruretor for my honda xr600...
Ross Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #8

Fouled plugs can occur for reasons other than an incorrect carb settings. Worn rings will allow it to burn oil. Ignition problems, weak spark, loose plug caps. Even too much oil in the crankcase. Do you have more details?

Ross
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbowman View Post
Okay new member, here is my first question. I have a honda CB750SC, when I got the bike last year the plugs were all fouled, the carbon was so bad it was caked on the plug. Changed the plugs, reset the gas/air mixture to factory setting. Now I am still changing the plugs every two months as they are fouling and it runs terrible. Any ideas as to how to fix the problem?
Old 10-16-2007   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophc76 View Post
hello
i have had and worked on bikes for years... my question is, is there a free online maintanence guide i can go to for specifics... i need to work on my caruretor for my honda xr600...
If you own such a motorcycle, knowing how expensive parts are, I don't understand you can hesitate spending 20$ for a service manual such as:
Clymer's Honda XL500, XR500, XL600, XR600 Repair Manual 1979-1990
lamimartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #10

What year is the XR? Look on the carb for an identification number. With this I can attempt to get you the specs you need.
Ross Davis