Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Off Topic > A wheelie law coming to Tennessee?

A wheelie law coming to Tennessee?

This is a discussion on A wheelie law coming to Tennessee? within the Off Topic forums, part of the General category; http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....=2007703250390 Motorcycle enthusiasts divided on wheelie ban Bill would specify stunt in reckless driving law By SHEILA WISSNER Staff Writer ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2007   #1
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to budlight Send a message via Skype™ to budlight
Default A wheelie law coming to Tennessee?

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....=2007703250390

Motorcycle enthusiasts divided on wheelie ban
Bill would specify stunt in reckless driving law

By SHEILA WISSNER
Staff Writer

Rounding a curve at 55 miles an hour with his front wheel in the air, Jason Babb downshifted his motorcycle too late and landed on the sidewalk in front of South Street restaurant.
The 2000 accident that left him with "road rash," a broken handlebar and smashed turn signal on his XL650R Honda hasn't stopped the 36-year-old Antioch man from popping wheelies. He still relishes the feat and believes it can be safe — although, in that case, he admits he was driving too fast.

"I feel you still have the same control riding a wheelie as not riding a wheelie, just based upon the simple fact that it takes a split second for the front wheel to come back down," Babbs said.
Others disagree, saying the practice of driving a motorcycle with the front wheel off the ground can be deadly, particularly at high speeds.

Read the article for more!
budlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007   #2

what about power wheelies that when your tire comes back to earth at 115 plus?" from 30 mph to 115 on one wheel is one hell of a rush!
harderfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #3

Thumbs down

I saw a guy get killed on a bike, cause he had road rage. it happened 2 years ago in winnipeg, canada. I saw it from start to finnish. There is a helmet law here, but speed was the factor.
Old 05-24-2007   #4
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to budlight Send a message via Skype™ to budlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroKawa View Post
I saw a guy get killed on a bike, cause he had road rage. it happened 2 years ago in winnipeg, canada. I saw it from start to finnish. There is a helmet law here, but speed was the factor.

My cousin tells a story about a driver that kept pulling over on him so he started kicking her car but she kept coming over so eventually he kicked her door really hard and left a dent. I don't know how true this is but he said eventually the police were involved but they left him off saying it was all her fault.
budlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007   #5

Send a message via AIM to chaosofthelaw Send a message via Yahoo to chaosofthelaw

yeah, ive heared that story too
chaosofthelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #6

Send a message via AIM to bimota

wheelies are a careless driving act in my state. 4 points and 500$ fine

wheelies arent really a unsafe act. It to me depends on where they are done.
In traffic or in a tight community they should not be done. Show off type wheelies are always a no-no.

High spirited riding on a secluded roadway. without speeding or otherwise i think wheelies shouldnt be outlawed

But lamimarton does them past playgrounds to impress the young mothers with small children. thats not a good idea.
bimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #7

Thumbs down

Plain and simply put; Jerks who feel the need to draw attention to themselves by conducting themselves dangerously, in public, are just that - "Jerks". Only a jerk would risk himself, his equipment and the public at large, for the so called "rush". I've picked up too many wannabes who thought they were immune from injury until they crashed. How would you like to have been me when I had to tell one's parents that he wasn't coming home - because he was being a jerk. Go ahead and try to convince me that being stupid is not bad. Sustain some of the injuries I've seen, you might just want to be dead instead. But don't take us with you! And while you continue to be jerks, remember that the cost of all of our insurances go up because of you. The social stigma continues to erode against your types, unfortunately, it affects us too. Grow up, before its too late.
Olds13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #8

Default Olds13

You arogant bastard! You and your belittling speech about those of us being "Jerks" because of the simple fact that we don not share the same opportunities as some other vehicle enthusiasts and have a track within driving distance. And who gives you the job of going to notify someone's family of a death? I could only hope, that your superoirs would have more sense than to send someone as ignorant as you. Seeing that you throw out such terms of frustrations and attempt to throw off your ignorance with your few articulate words that you may have learned at the Police Academy. Which if that is the case, that you are in fact a police officer, explains your frustration of chasing bikes who leave you only with more disgust after your pure failure. I have respect for the few officers out there who respond with respect to the civilians in need, not A-Holes such as yourself who probably take full advantage of your authoritive position and race into work without your lights or siren activated. In face, those always appear to be the ones who demand respect and have smartass attitudes. And for those, I have none! I am an Iraqi War veteran and have no sympathy for those of you who have those attitudes and have never even been shot at. So seriously, why don't you simply just shut up and find another cause to harrass. If you don't want to deal with it, find something else to do. And please do us all a favor and give up abstact thought and stick to your ticket pad!!!
Edger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #9

Thank-you! You just helped prove my point. You a combat vet? So you think that because you went to Iraq, you are unique or special? Hey, ever hear of Vietnam? Take a number. How dare you condemn me for having to scoop up idiots like you and try to patch them up so they can do it all over again. If 'bastards' like me didn't do what we do, you'd a died screaming "Medic!" and nobody came..... Wake up before its too late -
Olds13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009   #10

Stunts are NOT for the street. Amateur and seasoned stunt riders have gone down doing their stunts.
tm53chev is offline   Reply With Quote