Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Off Topic > A wheelie law coming to Tennessee?

A wheelie law coming to Tennessee?

This is a discussion on A wheelie law coming to Tennessee? within the Off Topic forums, part of the General category; I don't think making it against the law is going to stop people from doing it because out in California ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2009   #11

Default I dont know about this

I don't think making it against the law is going to stop people from doing it because out in California its been illegal for years and you still see people busting out wheelies all over the town.
zerotosixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009   #12

No, unfortunately this law won't abate the more offensive riders. But what it will do is make the majority of impressionable young riders from developing reckless and outright dangerous habits in the saddle. A few $1000 tickets for showing off, will certainly be a topic of conversation at the late night gatherings and the recipients will certainly feel the pinch for quite a while - hopefully long enough to loose the taste for flaunting irresponsibility in public. I'm a bike rider, have been for 40 years, logged too many miles to count, but parked my bike for a number of years, after responding to a double fatality involving 2 kids, both under 18, who died slowly enough that their screams and cries for "Help!" insured that they felt their pain. The driver had his jaw ripped off by the windscreen of his bike, as he was ejected after broadsiding a truck. His face was so mangled that we had difficulty intubating him because we couldn't find his trachea in the mangled meat that was his face. His passenger, who died later that night, from multiple compound fractures he sustained when his body struck an immobile object at a very high speed. Both kids - both dead - two families asking "Why?" And guys like me, who have made a career protecting life and property, was profoundly impacted by the idiocy and stupidity of the horrendously brief event that could and should have been avoided. Will a law prevent this from stopping all this behaviour? Certainly not. But if it stops just one, it is worth the inconvenience to all the others who would want to continue to show-off. What these people just don't understand is that death is permanent. Life is not a game, there is no 'do over' when you screw up and kill yourself.
Olds13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #13

That should only ban 90 degree wheelie
Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote