Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Buell > Best Motorcycle for middleaged newbie 4'11 98 pounds?

Best Motorcycle for middleaged newbie 4'11 98 pounds?

This is a discussion on Best Motorcycle for middleaged newbie 4'11 98 pounds? within the Buell forums, part of the Manufacturers category; No longer a youngster. Wanting to ride rather than be a passenger. I would like to be flatfooted on the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008   #1
dcd

Default Best Motorcycle for middleaged newbie 4'11 98 pounds?

No longer a youngster. Wanting to ride rather than be a passenger. I would like to be flatfooted on the ground at stops. Will take the training class before purchasing. Not sure which training class. H-D uses Buell for training which is a tiptoe for me, another training class uses the Rebel 250 seems to be a better fit. I sat on the Buell, Rebel, and Honda 250. I intend to sit on as many small cycles as I can before purchasing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
dcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009   #2

due to your statue, your bike options are limited.A 250cc can do well for your weight, but may ride a little"buzzy"on distance trips.some bike frames allow for an inch or two lowering in the seat, or you can get your stock seat's foam scooped out to lower the height a little. Ask your dealer, and if they make you feel foolish move on.Consider a riding specific boot with a bit of heel or thick solegood luck and happy riding!
greybeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #3

I'm 5'2 118lb and i have an '04 honda rebel. I think it handles great on virtually any road: in town, highway, or gravel. the max speed is 85 on my bike, but i think that's fine. if i wanted to go faster, i'd rather take the car lol. i tried out my buddies 450 nighthawk and had to use my toes to stand it up, but with my bike i can stand it up and my knees still be slightly bent, so i imagine a bike like that would fit you about right. Hope i helped! :)
mstrygrl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009   #4

Buell Blast with the low seat option, or a Honda Rebel. On both of those you may need to tippy toe a little. Try both.
John is offline   Reply With Quote