Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Buell > Buell Motorcycles quality?

Buell Motorcycles quality?

This is a discussion on Buell Motorcycles quality? within the Buell forums, part of the Manufacturers category; What's your review or thoughts on these =)i need durability, safety, speed, etc....how good of a buy are these motorcycles?...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2008   #1

Default Buell Motorcycles quality?

What's your review or thoughts on these =)i need durability, safety, speed, etc....how good of a buy are these motorcycles?
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #2

It is not going to be the fastest you could get but they are well built, dependable and more than most people will ever use as far as performance.
Mike M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #3

they are very good bikes since they are made by harley davidson there built good and fast depending on what motorcycle you want
Jed G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #4

Having owned a couple, I can answer this one accurately.The bike are only average in reliability. Stock they are ok, but once you start modifying them the reliability will drop dramatically. You will have to go over the bike and re-torque fasteners quite often.On the good side, they handle very well. A Buell will make an average rider much better in the twisties.Stay away from the Blast. A good used Cyclone or Lightning are good bikes.
mudsplasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #5

great brakes and handling dont know about the new rotax motors ------
chopperchopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #6

The motors are HD Sportster based, not the most reliable things I have found.We did maintanance constantly on sons Blast.They are good training for wannabe mechanics in my opinion. ------
Scott R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #7

I love my'02 Cyclone. It's light, powerful, and comfortable. It also gets over 50MPG. It also sounds really tough! Mine has been 100% reliable. I have a GSXR1000 in the garage too. It's really hard to pick between the two. The gixxer is WAY faster but most days I barely dip into the upper end of the rev range. The Buell feels just as powerful up to about 5,500 RPM. There is also a really cool group of riders that go along with ownership. I have never met a friendlier group of people.My Cyclone has to be one of the top one or two of the many bikes I have ever owned.See if you can score a ride on one and see if you agree. ------
The Freak Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009   #8

I've got an '05 Buell Lightning XB9SX - the bike has been solid for the past 4 years. There was an early problem, one of the valve springs broke, this was repaired by the dealer quickly at no cost to me. This happened within the first 1000 miles, since then it's been running great with no problems.

There is a Buell site with a very active forum -

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/cgib...cus/discus.cgi

Might have a look around there.

John.
John is offline   Reply With Quote