Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

honda vs buell?

This is a discussion on honda vs buell? within the Buell forums, part of the Manufacturers category; im thinking i want either a CBR f4i or a lightning Xb12.. im still living with my parents and im ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2008   #1

Default honda vs buell?

im thinking i want either a CBR f4i or a lightning Xb12.. im still living with my parents and im going to be 18 soon so i can take out a loan for something.. however, they dont really like sportsbikes because of how many people get hurt on them.. i decided the buell would be a less sporty alternative.. and they seem to be alright with one of those but i dunno if its as speedy of a bike as i want.. seems like it would be kinda doggy.. so my question is.. is it that big of a difference with which ones more speedy?itd be my first roadbike, but not my first bike.. ive ridden a dirtbike for 4 or 5 years and raced for one.. i know what im doing on a motorcycle
itschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #2

The F4i is going to be much more reliabile. they both are going to be pretty fast especially for your first bike. To be honest, you wont be able to reach the potential of either of those bikes (no offense) so get the one that looks better, is more comfortable, or costs less (depending on your preference)
NY1Krr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #3

I'd say go with the Buell, i much rather have one of those. They're pretty kicka**.
mahzula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #4

It doesn't matter what kind of bike you get, the bike isn't what causes the accident. It's the rider or another driver. My husband and I both ride sport and all the bikes you are looking at are fast. You keep saying speed,speed,speed in this question and I wonder why you want a bike. Is it to go fast? Realisticly, you usually go about 45mph unless you find a safe place to open it up or you're on the interstate. Also, your insurance is going to be outrageous and if you are getting a loan they will require full coverage on the bike so it isn't just a question of getting a loan for the bike, but also being able to pay for maintenance and insurance. You do not want to start out on these bikes, they can get away from you and they can get out from under you when turning. I don't think, by the way you sound, that you are mature enough to ride yet. I recommend you go to a rider's course first so you can learn to respect riding not just do it because it's"cool". ------
crys is offline   Reply With Quote