Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Buell > motorcycle loan with low credit score?

motorcycle loan with low credit score?

This is a discussion on motorcycle loan with low credit score? within the Buell forums, part of the Manufacturers category; Well I want to buy my 1st motorcycle (a 2009 Buell XB9SX"CityX"), but I have a very low credit score ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008   #1

Default motorcycle loan with low credit score?

Well I want to buy my 1st motorcycle (a 2009 Buell XB9SX"CityX"), but I have a very low credit score around 500, but I can put down $3,000 as a down payment though, now before I go into the dealer or a bank, do you think I have a chance of getting a loan?BTW the bike goes for $9,000 plus tax and fees
mikeistheman1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #2

Not in this economy, your gonna need at least a 700 score ..sorry. Concentrate on bringing up that score by using the $3000 to pay off any debt you may have or if you have no debt put it in a CD or high yield savings account and let it make money while you raise your score.
Michelle C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #3

Probably not. The economy is bad and the first thing that people stop making payments on are the"toys"like motorcycles and boats. You need better credit than you would have a year ago. But you could go pay cash for a $3,000 motorcycle.
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #4

don't buy a Buell, Buell's are JUNK!
chainbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #5

Probably not, but many dealers ARE selling to just about anyone. Go for it and realize that the word"no"doesn't hurt bad when you're prepared to hear it and the word"yes"is like waking up on Christmas morning. Also, a friend told me that Harleys and Buells were financed with loans more in line with auto loans and not just considered a frill, but transportation as an auto is. The easiest one to get"bought"by is Honda. Suzuki being next and Yamaha being harder. I don't know about Kawasaki financing, but three grand will change a mind when it comes to Honda because you will have covered the depreciation of the bike with what they call"earnest money"up front. This way if they have to repossess the bike they won't take such a whipping at auction and YOU won't be left with a huge amount to be billed with when they close the contract. Look at Hondas before buying a Buell.
Bogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #6

Don't spend 9k on your first bike. I'm not saying that you'll crash it but being new to bikes something will happen to it be it tipping over in the garage, dropping it at 3mph while slowing down, etc, something.I'm definately not one of these people who recommend getting 250's for a first bike, I think it's smaller than necessary and a waste of money. I do however think a 900 sport bike is too big. I started out on a 800 cruiser but cruisers and sport bikes are entirely different.I would recommend starting off on a 500 or 600 cc buel. You can get a used one in great condition for under for probably even under 3. Get a year of riding under your belt trade it in and get the xb9sx ------
ridingnchicago is offline   Reply With Quote