Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Buell > whats that ringing sound?????????

whats that ringing sound?????????

This is a discussion on whats that ringing sound????????? within the Buell forums, part of the Manufacturers category; I have a 2001 buell blast, it sounds like a washer in slapping against a bolt or something, but it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009   #1

Default whats that ringing sound?????????

I have a 2001 buell blast, it sounds like a washer in slapping against a bolt or something, but it sounds like it is coming from the inside of the engine. is this normal
stephen p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #2

God forbid it is a piston pin retainer. Haul it to a shop if you cannot do the work yourself... I have had retainers break into pieces and grind the cylinder to oblivion...
MARK N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK N View Post
God forbid it is a piston pin retainer. Haul it to a shop if you cannot do the work yourself... I have had retainers break into pieces and grind the cylinder to oblivion...
+1 on that.

Some of the Blast! model years had a problem with this. I got a blown up blast for a song, when I tore down the engine that's what I found - although indirectly that's was caused the engine to stop running it did make a real mess before the piston failed.

Bikes back together, new owner is having a blast with the Blast!
John is offline   Reply With Quote