Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fat Boy Will Travel

This is a discussion on Fat Boy Will Travel within the Harley Davidson forums, part of the Manufacturers category; Hey guys: I am headed out for my first overnight trip next month and will be gone for two nights. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2007   #1

Default Fat Boy Will Travel

Hey guys:

I am headed out for my first overnight trip next month and will be gone for two nights. I am wondering the best way to pack the bike. All I have so far is throw over saddles. I am looking for the best way to travel. Back rest bag? Tank bag. I will be riding single.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be helpful.
pastranarocks199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #2

Only you know how much and what kind of stuff you're packing. But in general I always like something padded to lean back on during long cruises (A busty hitch hiker works well). It can get awkward mounting and dismounting with something strapped to the seat however.
shawn p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #3

Never thought about the mounting and dismounting thing. Good point. Also need to consider security when i stop for a bite or a wiz.
Old 03-19-2007   #4

Hey guys:

I am headed out for my first overnight trip next month and will be gone for two nights. I am wondering the best way to pack the bike. All I have so far is throw over saddles. I am looking for the best way to travel. Back rest bag? Tank bag. I will be riding single.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be helpful.

i would invest in locking saddlebags or a bike cover with a lock :)
Old 03-20-2007   #5

Aloha gnedwards, I'm a newbie here and very interested in how you like your FB. I may be getting one soon.
Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-27-2011   #6

Travel agents also allow you to cancel your cruise if the need arises. A good agent will help if you are experiencing any problems and they will help you solve problems and negotiate for you to have the power to the cruise.