Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Needs Help on Harley

This is a discussion on Needs Help on Harley within the Harley Davidson forums, part of the Manufacturers category; azredneck put this in the vintage catagory, can you all help him? Let me first start by saying hello! I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2007   #1

Default Needs Help on Harley

azredneck put this in the vintage catagory, can you all help him?

Let me first start by saying hello! I just received the greatest gift ever, next to having my first son! My Uncle was a fellow biker, and he passed on. My cousins, his two daughters, have recently decided to bless me with the passing of his Harley to me. I am truly honored and excited to own this beautiful gift. Yet, with his passing, I am left with the unknown. I now own a Harley Davidson motorcycle that I know nothing about! It has all the Harley chrome and accesories, so its a Harley, but I don't know the model or type.
Several people that I know who own bikes have looked at it, but they too are unsure! The title says 1986 Paugh. I have no idea what that is, or means. Please help me if you have any knowledge on this. It would be greatly appreciated!! If you send me your email, I can send you photos of the bike, and any additional info you can give me from viewing it would be also greatly appreciated!! Thank you
shawn p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #2

He also posted here and got a couple of answers, but hasn't been back to check, I bet:

http://www.motorcycleforum.com/showthread.php?t=75359
ryokoware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #3

Thanks to all that have replied to this thread!! I have found out since posting, that PAUGH is a family name of a father & son team that were once authorized by Harley Davidson to build parts for Harley as replacements. They did such a great job that they were later authorized to build some custom frames for Harley too! Which is what I have. Now, I am still in search of the year of the engine in the bike. I have been told by several fellow riders that it is an older engine, possibly late 60's. And I was just told that it was a Shovelhead, which might possibly help to confirm the year. I will happily send photos of the bike to anyone who is willing to help me out with my further, inquiring mind questions. So, if this sounds like something you can help out with, please by all means drop me an email.

i_ledoux_u@yahoo.com

Thanks to everyone!!!
Old 01-28-2007   #4

Pics.......

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o200/CB750F/Motorcycle005.jpg
Old 01-28-2007   #5

Thanks to all that have replied to this thread!! I have found out since posting, that PAUGH is a family name of a father & son team that were once authorized by Harley Davidson to build parts for Harley as replacements. They did such a great job that they were later authorized to build some custom frames for Harley too! Which is what I have. Now, I am still in search of the year of the engine in the bike. I have been told by several fellow riders that it is an older engine, possibly late 60's. And I was just told that it was a Shovelhead, which might possibly help to confirm the year. I will happily send photos of the bike to anyone who is willing to help me out with my further, inquiring mind questions. So, if this sounds like something you can help out with, please by all means drop me an email.

i_ledoux_u@yahoo.com

Thanks to everyone!!!

Shovelheads were built through the mid 80's.
Old 01-28-2007   #6

Nice bike! Love those old Shovels!
pastranarocks199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #7

Well it's definitely a Shovel, is it kick only or does it have an electric starter also?
Old 01-28-2007   #8

Hmmm, well I'm seeing a (Electric Starter) Starter Solenoid with a standard Rubber Boot poking out of the top of the Primary Cover.... or am I dreaming again?! :D

LRG

Well it's definitely a Shovel, is it kick only or does it have an electric starter also?
Old 01-28-2007   #9

thats one fine shovel last ones built in 84 i got a 83 it a 1340cc or 80cid thats stoke get good set of wrenches a learn how to us them them old girls vibrat donot tighten heads or cylinders until u find out torque specs probably ok sorry for the loss happy for ya...branch
Old 01-28-2007   #10

Wasn't 1965 the last with both systems? Kick and electric