Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Harley Davidson > When i graduate MMI in Harley Davidson can i work in any Harley Shop?

When i graduate MMI in Harley Davidson can i work in any Harley Shop?

This is a discussion on When i graduate MMI in Harley Davidson can i work in any Harley Shop? within the Harley Davidson forums, part of the Manufacturers category; I am going to MMI right now and i am doing the Harley Davidson elective and i have heard that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2008   #1

Default When i graduate MMI in Harley Davidson can i work in any Harley Shop?

I am going to MMI right now and i am doing the Harley Davidson elective and i have heard that when i graduate in Harley i can only work in one Harley shop and if i change my shop i wont be certified anymore....I don't believe this but i would like to know from any other MMI Harley grads if this is true are false just to get a correct answer...
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #2

I'm not an MMI Grad, but I have two buddies who are. Both have worked for multiple shops. Not only at Harley-Davidson dealerships, but also at private custom shops. I don't know about follow up training that you'd receive at a dealership though. Both my buddies graduated each over 5 years ago and they are both still certified. You should be golden Man! Hope that helps calm your nerves,- Buck.
buckdog77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #3

i graduated from ami @ daytona you earn your certification harley requires their mechanic to have this you can use this any shop that needs your skill th only thing that may happen if a shop sends you for upgrade on new product they may want ya to agree to stay around or pay fer it your self i would prefer th latter so i didn't owe them you be fine anywhere ya go hope this helps ya
frank m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #4

You can work in any shop who will take you, that's not correct what you were told.
ridingnchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I am going to MMI right now and i am doing the Harley Davidson elective and i have heard that when i graduate in Harley i can only work in one Harley shop and if i change my shop i wont be certified anymore.
If you paid for the program you can work anywhere you want to. If the shop pays in part (or full) for your education the agreement you have with your employer may bind you to that shop for a certain period of time.
John is offline   Reply With Quote