Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Harley Davidson > where can i get the dealer invoice for a harley motorcycle?

where can i get the dealer invoice for a harley motorcycle?

This is a discussion on where can i get the dealer invoice for a harley motorcycle? within the Harley Davidson forums, part of the Manufacturers category; Interested in a 2007 HD Electra Glide Classic. Want to know dealer price so I can negotiate....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009   #1

Default where can i get the dealer invoice for a harley motorcycle?

Interested in a 2007 HD Electra Glide Classic. Want to know dealer price so I can negotiate.
Patricia S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #2

Check Harley's websites and check the nearest dealer to you.Why is that so hard?Boaz.
Boaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #3

In the cage world they will show you the "Invoice" - but that's not the real cost of the automobile, the real cost to the dealer MAY be less (alot less), due to manufacturer to dealer incentives. Historically the word is with Harley is "NO DISCOUNTING!" I know when I sold them back in the day I couldn't discount a bike - although I could take a trade in and give a very generous trade in allowance. As for trying to get a glimpse of the dealer invoice on a new HD -GOOD LUCK! It's a closely guarded document. At least around our shop it was....
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #4

Forget about it. First of all you'll NEVER get to see the dealer's invoice and, Second, even if you somehow managed to get to see it, there are no"negotiations"on price for a new Harley Davidson. The dealer's attitude is ( and rightly so ) you want a Genuine Harley Davidson ? THIS is the price, take it or leave it. If you can't afford that price or don't want to pay that price then you should consider a Metric"look alike". Trust me when I tell you that NO saavy consumer tactic will work at a Harley dealership, ( Think in terms of going to Ferrari and trying to"haggle"with the sales person there ), in either case, the salesperson won't lose a moment of sleep if you don't buy.
jcalaz2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalaz2003 View Post
( Think in terms of going to Ferrari and trying to"haggle"with the sales person there ),
You'd have a better chance with the Ferrari.
Old 03-01-2009   #6

I purchased a new Ultra 10 months ago from my dealer in northern Alabama and paid list -$700. So discounts do exist.
doorvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorvp View Post
I purchased a new Ultra 10 months ago from my dealer in northern Alabama and paid list -$700. So discounts do exist.
Back in the day, although Discounting was taboo among dealers, we could give very high trade-in values. A used Harley was rare and would sell almost instantly; and we worked with another full line dealership that would buy Japanese bikes from us. Quite often we would allow several hundred or more on the trade in that it was worth to act as the "discount". One time we had a customer who was hell-bent on getting a deal; I told him that the price on the tag was what you'd pay, but what have you got for a trade in? I told him to bring me something with two wheels and an engine to act as a discount - running or not; this guy showed up with a clean Heathkit Boonie Bike (Lawnmower engine powered mini-bike) and I gave him a $500 trade in on a new Superglide. (then the Boonie Bike was nearly worthless)..so yes, deals could be had in an around about fashion during the AMF era at the dealer I was working on. This actually backfired on the customer though - this guy lived 50 miles away, and although he got the bike from up, when it broke and needed warranty work - they all did then - his local dealer wouldn't work on it. Some investagation revealed the customer had opened his big mouth about how we had done him SO good...and the other dealer told him to go fly a kite. We wound up going down there in the company truck to collect the bike for repairs.

Although worthless THEN a cherry and unmolested example today can bring big $$$. For those of you who don't know Heathkit was, this was a company who produced electronic kits diring the 50's, 60's and 70's, Radios, Ham radio gear, calculators, even fully featured televisions to be assembled by you from the component level. The Boone Bike was a departure from the electronic bend of the company - which you also had to assemble.

The boss told me to get that thing "Outta Here!" so I took it home, still have it today - 29 years later! I haven't ridden it particularly - it still clean and cherry. One just went for $3500 on eBay.

http://www.members.tripod.com/jleibovitch/id99.htm

The above Boonie bike isn't mine - but a photo I swiped off the net. Mine has a Tecumsa engine, not the Briggs as on this one.

Last edited by John; 03-01-2009 at 02:07 PM.