Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Harley Davidson > Would it be wrong to change the exhaust on a new Harley?

Would it be wrong to change the exhaust on a new Harley?

This is a discussion on Would it be wrong to change the exhaust on a new Harley? within the Harley Davidson forums, part of the Manufacturers category; I am fixing on purchasing my first harley... a Black denim FXDF"Fat Bob". One of the things that they emphasize ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009   #1

Default Would it be wrong to change the exhaust on a new Harley?

I am fixing on purchasing my first harley... a Black denim FXDF"Fat Bob". One of the things that they emphasize is the Tommy Gun 2 to 1 to 2 exhaust. I started one this weekend and it sounds like a pussycat. So I have been toying with the idea of sticking some V&H Black Short Shots on...once I get the bike of course. Opinions?Adjustments...can I just add a power box to it so it will self adjust.ha ha...I will be running the exhaust with baffles in, I do like loud pipes but it shouldnt be painful to the rider or the guy 3 blocks away.
sshazzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009   #2

Keep this in mind: People are getting fed up with motorcycle noise and entire cities are beginning to respond with very draconian tactics. What ever you choose to swap the pipes out with should be "EPA Approved" and stamped as such - or you run the risk of all sorts of unpleasant stuff in the future. Whatever you do keep the stock pipes! You may need them later. There are quite a few manufacturers that make street legal pipes at this point that are louder (but not too loud) and look good with the EPA stamp.
John is offline   Reply With Quote