Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Honda > 1981 Honda Cb750 Custom oil and filter recommendations?

1981 Honda Cb750 Custom oil and filter recommendations?

This is a discussion on 1981 Honda Cb750 Custom oil and filter recommendations? within the Honda forums, part of the Manufacturers category; So I am currently rebuilding a 1981 cb750 that's been sitting for at least 5 years (first bike build). I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2012   #1

Default 1981 Honda Cb750 Custom oil and filter recommendations?

So I am currently rebuilding a 1981 cb750 that's been sitting for at least 5 years (first bike build). I am about to change the oil and filter this weekend and was wondering if any experienced builders had any recommendations? I am leaning towards synthetic diesel oil. I've been doing a lot of research and it thinking since this bike is air cooled synthetic diesel oil might be a better fit.

Let me know what y'all think. Thanks!
Cb750four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #2

Not sure if it's still available but Honda used to sell a line of oils GN4. I always used GN4 20w50 in my air cooled motors. Never cared for full synthetic oils in older engines.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote