Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Honda > Repair-Honda Engine with box of parts...

Repair-Honda Engine with box of parts...

This is a discussion on Repair-Honda Engine with box of parts... within the Honda forums, part of the Manufacturers category; Yea Yamaha did a couple too, for dune riding apparently. That's unfortunate. I also have an E-2 head in my ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012   #21

Yea Yamaha did a couple too, for dune riding apparently.

That's unfortunate. I also have an E-2 head in my shed, and as you say, it seems to be the smaller variety.

Hmm.

Just bought an XL185 motor, which looks quite good, needs a .5mm oversize bore and piston but bearings are good. It arrived entirely dismantled so I'm going to have to find a manual to make sure I don't miss anything out while assembling the transmission shafts, but I'm certainly looking forward to seeing how my old darling goes with an extra 60cc.
benevolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #22

I Just Logged on And I Absolutely Love Your Rebuild !!!
I Am Not Much of A Mechanic. Maybe I Will Fix My Honda I Have For Sale. This Post Will Be Here Forever, I Am Sure Someone Will Learn How To Rebuild there Motor From Your Time Spent Showing What You Have Done!!! Show More Pics Please!!!
crazycajun70586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #23

Thanks for your post, without it, I probably wouldn't have continued the thread.

The work is real, and the build continues, regardless of this thread. The bike will be built, and the installation will be complete. At some future date, all of this will be done, and pics will be posted; thanks to you're request.

I build for myself, but I post for others...A few helpful hints along the way, by others, help me GREATLY, but none the less, it will be done...

The more helpful the posts, the faster the result. Regardless, it will be done...

Thanks, guys...

spaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #24

Hmmm, again, not a lot of interest in general. That's OK, it just tends to slow the thread down...

No comments? No interest? In a CT125E rebuild; and then installation into an RV90? No hints? Insight, wisdom?...

Anyway, I was busy last month with a few other projects. Now I'm back with some consideration. I can get it done myself. I can do it. I just tend to stall-out, and focus on a single problem; make it perfect, burn time. Tips and tricks, they speed things up. I really don't care if it takes a year to get to a final result. It's the build that keeps me interested. Make it perfect, make it right. "This can be done". I take my time, and I get it right. Custom this, and custom that. Maybe you happen to know of a non-custom solution, to an obvious problem.

To the present.
This engine is WAY too big for this bike, but that's OK. I need the torque to climb those nasty hills in the bush; at the hunt-camp. Speed is not a consideration. Just the POWER...the torque...

Mounted the engine in the bike. Considering other problems at this time.
Let me know if you can add any insight to this build...

Ha, ha...yea, this is real...how about some real comments...

Crazy man walk'in here...crazy man walk'in...

spaner is offline   Reply With Quote