Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Honda > Running 1965ish CA160

Running 1965ish CA160

This is a discussion on Running 1965ish CA160 within the Honda forums, part of the Manufacturers category; I have a CA160 that was passed down through the family and sat in a garage for the past 20 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013   #1

Default Running 1965ish CA160

I have a CA160 that was passed down through the family and sat in a garage for the past 20 or 30 years until I pulled it out and got it running (with practically no work). I've ridden it for the past two summers and it's been very reliable, starting on the first kick 90% of the time (depending on how much attention it had been receiving at the time).

I've been approached practically everywhere about whether I would sell it and my answer has always been no, but I'm wondering what someone would legitimately think it is worth?

My family remembers is as a 1965 Honda Dream, except the Dream didn't come in 161cc technically, though I think a lot of people must have called the CA160's a Dream back in the day, I don't know, internet. Anyways the speedometer might work, but the cable doesn't (never got around to changing it), but my buddy paced me up to 70ish once, so that was neat (it's not a big bike). The odometer reads 4000 something and hasn't changed since I've put a hundred or two or more on it, I'm not sure. The headlight isn't original, kind of, we couldn't find one so we busted out the original from behind and installed a four wheeler bulb into the hole (this bike's headlight comes as an entire unit, not replaceable bulbs, we cheated), so there is a working headlight, just off and on though no high beams. The original horn is on the frame still I believe, but it doesn't work. Other than that it could use new brakes but has new tires, though the front rim could use straightening. The electric start usually works too, though I think towards the end of last summer it was having trouble but I think I needed to clean a few things anyway.

So with all that in mind, does anyone with knowledge of this kind of thing know what a good price would be? Original pretty much everything except what I mentioned, including original seat.
jakeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #2

Also the price might need to include the fact that I love the hell out of this bike.
jakeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013   #3

As per my thinking, in 1960 or 65 people love to drive this type of bikes. In fact, no each and every people can purchase this bike that time. Today, it becomes dreams for people who want to get it.