Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Kawasaki > 1983 Kawasaki ZX1100 GPz

1983 Kawasaki ZX1100 GPz

This is a discussion on 1983 Kawasaki ZX1100 GPz within the Kawasaki forums, part of the Manufacturers category; Hey all, I'm new here and new to the big bike scene... although I've been riding the little guys for ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2011   #1

Thumbs up 1983 Kawasaki ZX1100 GPz

Hey all, I'm new here and new to the big bike scene... although I've been riding the little guys for a long time and my last bike was a Yamaha XJ600 (not exactly a monster).

Anyway I bought this unfortunate girl cheap from someone who is a total schemer, basically patched her up so she would look ok and run for a week before everything started going FUBAR. Plus, he even managed to have the papers transferred in someone else's name... leaving me with no recourse or lemon-aid law (failed inspection etc.).

Supposedly she's only got 12kmi on her, but the speedo/odo stopped counting so it's probably a little more. It sure seems like it was a hard dozen though. Anybody know which wheel/where the wire sensor goes to?? I'm waiting on my manual ($50!?!?) in a week or so.

I'm basically looking for people who know a lot about this bike or similar, or know of websites where I can go to find parts. Many, many parts. I'm learning bike repair with my own blood and oil soaked hands and that's fine by me. I have a mechanical thread here: 83' kawasaki clutch and some other stuff if anybody wants to chime in on those current issues or offer advice.

In the end I want something that makes anywhere from 130-150hp RELIABLY, is not too spartan, and maybe leaned up a bit?? Right now I'm dealing with clutch issues but my head gasket doesn't have too long to go, along with one or two of the exhaust seals, other stuff blah blah basically she needs a rebuild and a professional tune.

TL;DR
The other thread (link) goes into more detail about things, but if anybody can point me around to more parts sites or info about these OR other interchangeable models, Upgrades, Know-how, I'd appreciate it. If you have experience, chime in!!! I'm wondering if there's an engine swap, but Id be happy with a rebuild as long as it didn't cost too much (parts are tough) and I'm definitely wanting a new Fuel Injection control module. I'm already on kawasakimotorcycle.org and use bikebandit (just so ya know).

Thanks! ~D
citizenuzi is offline   Reply With Quote