Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Kawasaki > Is the kawasaki ninja a decent first bike, or is it a piece of junk?

Is the kawasaki ninja a decent first bike, or is it a piece of junk?

This is a discussion on Is the kawasaki ninja a decent first bike, or is it a piece of junk? within the Kawasaki forums, part of the Manufacturers category; I got my motorcycle license, and want to see whether I like motorcycling before I make a big investment. Kawasaki ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008   #1

Default Is the kawasaki ninja a decent first bike, or is it a piece of junk?

I got my motorcycle license, and want to see whether I like motorcycling before I make a big investment. Kawasaki bikes are definitely affordable, but will one break down right away? Also, I'm 6'2"and 200 pounds--would one be big enough for me? (If not, I'd appreciate a recommendation from someone re: a good first bike that isn't too expensive.)
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #2

The Kawasaki Ninja 250 is the perfect bike for a beginner. That is what I bought my girlfriend for Christmas. It isn't very heavy and it does not have a lot of power so it is a really safe bike to start with. I bought an 07 brand new for about $3500 out the door with taxes and all that good stuff.The upside to this bike is that if you decide that you don't like bikes or that you don't like that one, they are very easy to sell and hold their value fairly well. I can't say how reliable they are cuz my girl has only had hers for about 3 months now, but parts for that bike are rediculously cheap if you do need something for it.
kenhebe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010   #3

I went with the ninja 600 for my first bike. It has been perfect for my size. 6-1 230.
I would not get a 250 if I were you because of your size! Riding a 250 on the freeway will also vibrate you to death. You will want to sell it probably after a few rides because the lack of power. After a year I am already looking for a 1000 because lack
of power. I do like to go fast though.
BIGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote