Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Suzuki > Bandit 250 carb issues!

Bandit 250 carb issues!

This is a discussion on Bandit 250 carb issues! within the Suzuki forums, part of the Manufacturers category; Hey guys, having issues with my bandit 250v, I was riding along one day and the throttle power decreased , ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2006   #1

Default Bandit 250 carb issues!

Hey guys,
having issues with my bandit 250v,
I was riding along one day and the throttle power decreased , the more i tried giving throttle the more the power decreased. i pulled over left it for an hour came back , started up again and it drove fine for 5 minutes till same thing happened. got it home and anytime i try start it revs (not 100% response though) for a few seconds then cuts out again. '
i took off the tank and noticed three fuel settings
ON - PRIME - FUEL.....the tubes going from the ON and FUEL go straight to the carbs....the tube going from the PRIME leads straight into the bottom of the bike and onto the ground so when i switch the fuel setting to PRIME the fuel leaks onto the ground.
Is this normal.
Otherwise im not sure what the whole problem is or how to go about troubleshooting, i could go to a mechanic but id rather try fix it out myself so i can learn something
azia h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006   #2

The PRIME hose needs to be connected to the front of the carb(s). It is fuel that goes to the carb without the vacuum. What setting is your bike on? It should be RES - PRI - ON - OFF. If you are riding in the OFF position your bike could be running out of gas every time you run it. Try using the ON or FUEL position and running the bike.
Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006   #3

it only has ON-FUEL(reserve) - and PRIME positions.......i have tried all positions.....could one of the tubes be blocked going to the carb! i tried finding where abouts the PRIME tube should go but couldnt find it ...ill keep trying! also the fuel in the tank is pretty low...so ill try fill the fuel and try the ON position again! thanks for the quick reply
azia h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006   #4

sounds good, let us know how it goes.
Allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #5

Exclamation Same problem

Heya I am having the same problems with my Bandit 250

I suspect you also have a vacuum controlled valve that is why you only have RES. ON and PRI settings.

The hose which is pointing down should hook up the the carb seal it has a connector for vacuum.

The other hose which leads out to the left from the tank goes straight to the middle of the carb. There is a plastic T connector infront of the throttle.

Did you manage to fix your problem???
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #6

likewise am hving d same predicament wid my bandit 250! do you guys able 2 figure out any solution to r problem? I'l apreciate ur fidbak the soonest...
chocoy is offline   Reply With Quote