Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Suzuki > bought suzuki gxsr 1000...tips on riding??

bought suzuki gxsr 1000...tips on riding??

This is a discussion on bought suzuki gxsr 1000...tips on riding?? within the Suzuki forums, part of the Manufacturers category; hey im new the whole street bike thing but i had a great deal on a 2002 suzuki gsxr 1000...is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2008   #1

Default bought suzuki gxsr 1000...tips on riding??

hey im new the whole street bike thing but i had a great deal on a 2002 suzuki gsxr 1000...is there any tips to riding it safely or any tips in general you can tell me? and what is the best oil type to put in a bike like this? thanks
C.J.
loved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #2

I use Rotella T (non synthetic) 15-40 in my Bandit and like it. It will have a funny smell the first time you use it and for just a little while after each change. A lot of people swear by Rotella T. (available at Wal-Mart $8.88 gallon jug) There are lots of other options. There is a guy called "Oil Doc" on this forum that will tell you all about 'Amsoil'. Lots of folks like Moble 1.
iamtrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #3

A noob with a gixxer 1000? Yeah, I have a tip. Don't kill yourself.

Best oil? Amsoil Motorcycle Oil of course.

Stay away from Mobil 1. Suzuki sport bikes and their wet clutches don't get along with M1. Either go Ams for synth or Kendall for dino.
Tina T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #4

Yep, AMSOIL Oil and their EA Series Oil Filter. Both are the Best you can buy.

Here are the results of some tests performed by Several of the Top Testing Facilities in the US. www.amsoil.com/lit/g2156.pdf

I have almost 2000 Suzuki owners that I sell oil to. AMSOIL will give you a smoother running engine, smoother shifting tranny, More HP, Better Fuel Mileage, Cooler oil temps and less wear along with extended change intervals when using the EA Series filter.

If I can help you, contact me at oildoc@bestoil4you.com

Doc
moochi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #5

Si.... you can't be serious... promoting Pennzoil ?????

I thought a lot more of you before that post !! LOL

No Matter which oil you choose, I ALWAYS Recommend a MotorCycle Specific oil with a JASO Rating of MA, or Better Yet, MA 2, But never MB for a Street Bike. If it's noton the label or in print from the manufacturer, don't believe it !!!

Oil has changed over the last several years, especially in the development of M/C Oils...

Speaking of M1... I have been taking an unofficial survey, and I have been coming across more and more bikes with either a clutch slippage or clutch chattering problem and it seems that the common denominator has been M1 either currently being usd or previously used..

those that don't know, say no .

Doc
Tit0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #6

OUCH! Hey, I don't use dino, so I don't speak from experience when it comes to all the different brands out there. They are all 2nd best IMHO. Dale Walker sings the praises of Kendall, so with that, if I did use dino oil, I would run what he recommends. Especially so considering his reputation.

Who said anything about Pennzoil???? Kendall is ConocoPhillips! Pennzoil is Shell Group.

Pennzoil used to be just Pennzoil, then Pennzoil/Quakerstate after they merged, now it's just Shell Group, which includes Pennzoil/Quakerstate after their acquisition in 2002. ConocoPillips is not part of the Shell Group, although they have run some joint refineries, they are not the same company.

I thought a lot more of you before that post !! LOL
totallylost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #7

You are at least fun to post with and knowledgeable Si...

Kendall was always a top Oil and I used it myself years ago.

The info I had said it was bought by Pennzoil, but now I will have to check it out.

Bob
cozzettakid1232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #8

ride slow and safe :)
scottyp256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #9

You are at least fun to post with and knowledgeable Si...

Kendall was always a top Oil and I used it myself years ago.

The info I had said it was bought by Pennzoil, but now I will have to check it out.

BobWell, I try, turd head. hehe
Steve O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #10

No matter which oil you use , just be sure to use motorcycle specific oil.
Automobile oil has other additives that do not do well in motorcycle engines and clutches.
I've had great results with Golden Spectro (semi-synthetic) 20W-50 in my 89 Katana. The clutch lasted forever...
mavrace1 is offline   Reply With Quote