Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Burgman 650

This is a discussion on Burgman 650 within the Suzuki forums, part of the Manufacturers category; So, it's a scooter and not a "real motorcycle"..... I challenge anyone to ride one on the interstate two-up or ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2013   #1

Default Burgman 650

So, it's a scooter and not a "real motorcycle".....

I challenge anyone to ride one on the interstate two-up or take it through 20 miles of twisties and hills and then tell me it's not a real motorcycle.

Out of about 20 bikes that I've owned over the years and taking into account a bad right leg, this machine is the most versatile and fun bike that I've ever ridden. I finally found my perfect ride...
momule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013   #2

The Burgman 400 already has respectable motorcycle size wheels and decent power. I'm certain the 650 is even more fun to ride. The automatic transmission (belt drive) is no reason for a ban from this forum !!! Let's call it a very close cousin that deserves an honorable mention. I'm glad you like it. It is a perfect example of the KISS principle: Keep it simple stupid.

To the contrary, I did own a Honda CH250 scooter with 10" wheels. It was capable to reach 65 mph but with such limited power, small wheels and symbolic suspension, it was unsafe at any highway speeds ! It was only ok for city driving. This dit NOT deserve to be called a motorcycle by any means !