Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cleaning tips...

This is a discussion on Cleaning tips... within the Suzuki forums, part of the Manufacturers category; Hey so I noticed on my exhaust, where it comes down by the riders foot peg, theres a bit of ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2006   #1

Default Cleaning tips...

Hey so I noticed on my exhaust, where it comes down by the riders foot peg, theres a bit of rubber on there from my shoes where they got hot and melted to it, didnt even think about keeping my feet away from there lol... Do you all know of anything that can take this off without staining my chrome, thanks guys, have a good one.
Aaron H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #2

Default Cleaning tips...

EZ Off Oven Cleaner and elbow grease seems to work. That's what I've used, get the pipes warm (not so hot you can't work on it) spray it on and rub like crazy
Jeff S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #3

Default Cleaning tips...

lol ok, will do thanks I knew this was the right place to come lol
Old 07-09-2006   #4

Default Cleaning tips...

wait what kind of cloth???
Old 07-10-2006   #5

Default Cleaning tips...

I just used an old rag, like a shop towel or an old T-shirt. You wont scratch your chrome, but thats why you have to rub harder

good luck

Rat
Dan L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #6

Default Cleaning tips...

EZ Off Oven Cleaner and elbow grease seems to work. ... spray it on and rub like crazy

I'm lazy, I spray it on, and come back in several hours and normally just wipe it off. The key to the thing is to make sure your cloth can't scratch chrome.
thatoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #7

Default Cleaning tips...

Yeah I just did it, and it took less than five min, I used these cloths that Turtle wax makes, they are really soft. Thanks everyone, finally stopped raining so I could clean up the ol' bully... have a good day!!!
Old 07-15-2006   #8

Default Cleaning tips...

Riley, I'm glad you asked that question. My frog tog bottom melted on my pipe up close to the seat. I'm going out and try that right now!
helene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006   #9

Default Cleaning tips...

Hey good on you, TFee, it worked really well, and rather quickly for me, I was at the lake all last weekend, did you get out and ride much??? lots of people out seems that our bully's are a bit out numbered to the abundant amounts of Harleys running around.