Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Suzuki > GS550L Electric Problem, Help

GS550L Electric Problem, Help

This is a discussion on GS550L Electric Problem, Help within the Suzuki forums, part of the Manufacturers category; My bike died on the way to work this morning. It felt like I was running out of gas and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013   #1

Default GS550L Electric Problem, Help

My bike died on the way to work this morning. It felt like I was running out of gas and when I got to a stoplight it quit. The oil light was on. When I shifted to neutral the neutral like did not come on. When I tried to restart I got nothing, it did not crank or click. The oil light and headlight were on, but no response from the starter switch. I let the bike sit for a couple hours and now is completely dead as if it had no battery. I pulled all the fuses and they looked OK. Are there any other fuses than those in the box next to the battery? Any suggestions? Thanks
scott808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #2

How old is the battery? Charge fully and have it load tested. If it is over a couple of years old it could be bad. Battery connections clean and tight? Most automotive parts are happy to test for free. Visual inspection of a fuse is not adequate. Test fuse with ohm meter or change fuse. Visually check wiring to see if it has been overheated. Especially at the connections.
recycledcycles is offline   Reply With Quote