Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Yamaha > RD400 oil pump seal

RD400 oil pump seal

This is a discussion on RD400 oil pump seal within the Yamaha forums, part of the Manufacturers category; Yamaha does not offer a rebuild kit for the oil pumps that they use. Many of the rebuild kits by ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2013   #1

Default RD400 oil pump seal

Yamaha does not offer a rebuild kit for the oil pumps that they use. Many of the rebuild kits by after market companies does not contain the corrct seal. You may only need the seal. The Yamaha part number for the seal is 93104-14059-00. The seal dimensions are 14 25 5. Yamaha uses this seal in many of their motorcycles in different places in the engine. The oil pump that I know takes this seal is the RD400 D. It doesn't have the primer wheel.
recycledcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013   #2
lha

You can buy that and almost any other seal at an industrial bearing and seal supply. All they need is the # on the seal or bearing,and some of the sizes are made in a double lipped seal,which would help in case the surface you're sealing is grooved or has unseen scratches. I get many of my seals from such a store in the small town I live close to,and they have several qualities,usually only a few cents apart in price. They are a lot cheaper,and no shipping charges. Also,Yamaha,nor any other manufacturer makes their own bearings or seals,so chances are that you can find the same thing you pay more money for+shipping! lha
lha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013   #3

Great advice. The only place I tried was NAPA and it was supposed to be the right size according to their parts book interchange. Unfortuantely it wasn't. Thus the Yamaha part number.
Old 05-31-2013   #4
lha

I wasn't talking about the Yamaha parts number,but the size[three numbers,ID,OD.thickness] the seals are made by the sizes,not Yamaha part number. 14-25-5 is the number that the bearing and industrial bearing store would need. Napa may be a good Auto Parts store,but you need top look in the Yellow pages under"Bearings,Industrial" or something similar,even though Napa or O'Reilly's may have one. lha
lha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013   #5

The three numbers was given to the parts store. Unfortunately we do not have an industrial bearing store in the area. Thus Yamaha OEM was the best solution for me, as it will be for others.