Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Yamaha > Yamaha 1100 V-Star Rear Brakes

Yamaha 1100 V-Star Rear Brakes

This is a discussion on Yamaha 1100 V-Star Rear Brakes within the Yamaha forums, part of the Manufacturers category; Has anyone worked on their 1100 V-Star Silverado Classic rear brakes yet? Mine are making a rough rubbing and clicking ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012   #1

Cool Yamaha 1100 V-Star Rear Brakes

Has anyone worked on their 1100 V-Star Silverado Classic rear brakes yet? Mine are making a rough rubbing and clicking noise and the brakes feel and sound rough and not too smooth. I see from reading the V-Star repair manual that a guy has to remove both exhaust pipes and mufflers and a bracket just to get to the rear calipers-what a pain; just like changing the oil! I fixed the oil job by installing a filter relocation kit but the oil plug and oil check level window is a pain in the butt. I got a thin wall box wrench and socket just for the oil job. If I would have done some better research I would not have purchased the V-Star as I bought it brand new in 2005 with 12 miles on it and would have bought an other Classic BMW as they are so much easier to do service work on. The V-Star has 13,795 miles on it and does ride somewhat nice but not like my old 1977 R/100 did. By the way, I found a carburetor/manifold kit to replace the 2 carbs to a single carburetor like a Harley from KJS that claims to help the 1100 V-Star have better, smoother, crisper low end response-and less service work. Kit at last check on the Internet was $600.00 as the kit comes with a single carb and manifold, gaskets and throttle cable I think. The KJS Manifold - High Performance addition for the Yamaha V Star and Virago
I haven't purchased the carb kit yet as I'm contemplating selling the V-Star Classic to get another BMW.

Last edited by Sluggo66; 07-23-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: spelling and grammer
Sluggo66 is offline   Reply With Quote