Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Indian > iam shifting to usa and want to know which motorcycle to buy.?

iam shifting to usa and want to know which motorcycle to buy.?

This is a discussion on iam shifting to usa and want to know which motorcycle to buy.? within the Indian forums, part of the Manufacturers category; I live in india and i own a pulsar150.its a 150cc single cylinder motercycle with 17.5bhp.I know how to drive ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2008   #1

Default iam shifting to usa and want to know which motorcycle to buy.?

I live in india and i own a pulsar150.its a 150cc single cylinder motercycle with 17.5bhp.I know how to drive it preety well and can drive with ease in most conditions.I and my family are shifting to USA and i plan to buy a motorcycle there 2.People say i should get a 2nd hand bike for starters.But can i be labeled as a starter?I have 2yrs experience on indian roads and Indian roads are some of the worst in the world and ive ridden on american roads with COMPLETE ease.So i wanted to know if i should buy a 2nd hand bike or a 1st hand bike.And should i buy a 600cc motorcycle eg.R6,CBR 600.or a 1000cc bike eg.R1, CBR1000RR.Man, sitting here in India where there are no superbikes , i look and admire the beauty of all the motorcycles on the websites and its just takes my breath away.The fareing, the tyres,the exaust ,the swing arm.I cant wait.Hope some1 can answer my question.and how much would a used and 1st hand 600cc or 1000cc motorcycle cost?How much diff is it driveing a 600cc as compared to a 1000cc .i mean does it rerally matter all that much ?and wats the diff in the handleing?and the weight?ps: iam 5"8 and weight 178pounds..and iam sure i want a superbike .and most probally used.
rwanchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #2

untill you get more experience on american roads i'd look for used mid size bike 550-650cc........
KZ G is offline   Reply With Quote