Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Indian > If Loud Pipes Save Lives. Where is the documentation and Proof?

If Loud Pipes Save Lives. Where is the documentation and Proof?

This is a discussion on If Loud Pipes Save Lives. Where is the documentation and Proof? within the Indian forums, part of the Manufacturers category; I'm not asking for"hear say"or"just because"I am looking for hard stone proof from a creditable source, such as the American ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2008   #1

Default If Loud Pipes Save Lives. Where is the documentation and Proof?

I'm not asking for"hear say"or"just because"I am looking for hard stone proof from a creditable source, such as the American Medical Association, American Motorcycle Assocation, a motorcycle manufacture (not a chpper shop) but a real manufacture Like Harley Davidson, Honda, Indian and such. The documentation must be without question and verifiable.
Eldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #2

There is none! It is a fantasy slogan made up to justify unlawful activity, to inflate a little peoples egos or to annoy people. Yep, dirt bags like to annoy people.Another point, is that the sound it projected BEHIND the motorcycle and with sound compressions it is difficult to hear. Why do people get hit by trains? The same effect.Harley Davidson and the American Motorcycle Association both condemn loud pipes and prove that bikes loose or limit their performance with modified exhaust. They further show that there is no difference in accident rates. Heck most motorcycle accidents are caused by just riding off the road and drunk riding. The National Transportation Safety Administration has some real good facts and data.The beat safety for a rider is EDUCATION. If the rider still feels he needs noise, J.C Whitney Company sells motorcycle horns with more dB then any pipes. With a horn your only annoying part time not all the time.I know, I've been with Harley's for over 50 years.
timberland1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #3

Good luck in your search. Common sense says,"if you can hear them comming,you'll get out of the way sooner".What better proof do you need?!!
thetdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #4

There isn't any.
Shredpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #5

When was the last time you stepped out in front of a Harley with loud pipes. It is a matter of getting peoples attention so they see the motorcycle, that most people forget we share the road.
Alan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #6

There is no proof that loud pipes save lives. No study has ever shown that loud pipes save lives. This link gives you an idea why: http://www.lowertheboom.org/links/v0..._pipes.htmlFor more information on motorcycle safety, read the Hurt Report, named after its author, Harry Hurt: http://wheels-in-motion.com/Hurt-Report.html
stratocaster81 is offline   Reply With Quote