Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Helmets > Can police catch you riding motorcycle without helmet in PA?

Can police catch you riding motorcycle without helmet in PA?

This is a discussion on Can police catch you riding motorcycle without helmet in PA? within the Helmets forums, part of the Gear category; I know that in PA, wearing helmet becomes optional when you are over age 21 with certain riding experience.Could police ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2009   #1

Default Can police catch you riding motorcycle without helmet in PA?

I know that in PA, wearing helmet becomes optional when you are over age 21 with certain riding experience.Could police pull you over if he sees you not wearing helmet and you are not 21 yet?I mean, they cant just pull you over and ask for ID and just check your age right?So im guessing its more of Secondary Law? am i right ------
flowb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #2

Default Oh Yeah!

You asked if the police can "catch" you if you aren't 21 and wearing a lid. Well, yes they can. No it's not a "secondary" law, it can be the sole ticket issued on a stop if the officer wishes. The criteria for getting pulled over is still the same as it always was; do something illegal and draw attention to yourself and you can count on trouble. Age of the offending biker is not determined by looks but by date shown on the license. Helmet use (or more specifically the choice not to) on a biker is often not at issue until an accident occurs (especially with injuries) or when on the side of the road discussing the finer points of vehicular conduct.
Olds13 is offline   Reply With Quote