Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Helmets > D.O.T. Motorcycle Helmets?

D.O.T. Motorcycle Helmets?

This is a discussion on D.O.T. Motorcycle Helmets? within the Helmets forums, part of the Gear category; Has anyone found a dot approved helmet that isnt so bulky? I'm use to a"novality"helmet, but north carloina passed a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009   #1

Default D.O.T. Motorcycle Helmets?

Has anyone found a dot approved helmet that isnt so bulky? I'm use to a"novality"helmet, but north carloina passed a law that all helmets must be dot approved and they are writing tickets like crazy. So, where can I buy one that isnt so BIG, I've looked on-line until i'm crossed eyed. Thanks in advance!I live in Fl. and ride everyday without a helmet, I visit N.C. about once a month and I just hate wearing a helmet, it should be my choice.
tewhite2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009   #2

DOT spec requires a minimum ability to stop your head which means a certain thickness so I am afraid your only 2 choices are move to Fla or get used to your state trying to save you from yourself.... a less than legal option ....some shops sell little round stickers that say DOT. I prrefet to ride with a full face helmet...but that does not mean that I agree with law in any way....start calling your legislature.....
no religion know peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009   #3

Keep lookin, no one has come up with a helmet that can protect the brain, and be cool at the same time. ------
Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote