Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Helmets > Motorcycle Helmet Concepts

Motorcycle Helmet Concepts

This is a discussion on Motorcycle Helmet Concepts within the Helmets forums, part of the Gear category; I am a student at the University of Cincinnati and am currently working on helmet designs for a class project. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010   #1

Default Motorcycle Helmet Concepts

I am a student at the University of Cincinnati and am currently working on helmet designs for a class project. I am looking for feedback on my concepts and would greatly appreciate it if you could provide comments and criticism to help me finalize my design. Please give honest and complete criticism, because without feedback I can not go forward to create a meaningful design. All of the concepts are currently hand drawn, so please read all text.

The link to the survey is here:
Motorcycle Helmet Validation Survey

Thanks!
levyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #2

Angry

Levyka - I don't know where you come from, but it isn't from the same planet that I know! Why, in God's green earth, would someone want to wear a lid that has scales like a fish? Why would a buyer want to accessorize his only helmet from a selection of optional clip-on pieces and parts? And who, in their right mind, would pay for the technology to shine a heads-up display on a face shield or have even more noise piped into the helmet.
In my world, a helmet is a necessary EVIL that we wear in order to protect our grey matter. If I could, I would wear the least invasive, lightest, smallest, cheapest, most airy lid that the law would allow. But I certainly would run, not walk, from the cock-a-maymie, absurd, wackie-weed inspired over engineered tripe that I just saw.

Now, if you put your grey cells to work, building an ultra-thin, Gor-Tex lined, head conforming NASA developed foam insulation and even a Titanium or other exotic shell that is super strong yet extremely light, you would have something to show. When it comes to helmets, after protection, comfort and weight are paramount.

Last edited by Olds13; 12-03-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Olds13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011   #3

wow this thread resurected 2X from spammers. We should have MO spam awards held monthly.

Cold Weather Masks
Skiing Facemask
sorenle is offline   Reply With Quote