Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Helmets > WHAT TYPE OF HELMET do I BUY for MOPEDS?

WHAT TYPE OF HELMET do I BUY for MOPEDS?

This is a discussion on WHAT TYPE OF HELMET do I BUY for MOPEDS? within the Helmets forums, part of the Gear category; what type of helmet do i need to buy for drive my moped.. i did read somewhere that maryland law ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2008   #1
FLy

Default WHAT TYPE OF HELMET do I BUY for MOPEDS?

what type of helmet do i need to buy for drive my moped.. i did read somewhere that maryland law ( state i live in) says moped drivers do not have to wear helmets.. which sounds crazy to me.. (bicycle riders are required by maryland law to wear helmets if you ride on the street).. so maybe the info i read was wrong.. but EITHER way im wearing a helmet... but im not sure which type of helmet to buy...1. do i get an open faced motorcycle helmet ( what i was thinking about getting)2. a full faced motorcycle helmet3. or do they have moped style helmets i see vespa helmets on sale at ebay.. but im not really feeling those type of style helmets.. so would an open faced motorcylce helmet be the best choice or not???
FLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #2

Get a skull cap and call it good. I dont think you will be traveling at a high rate of speed and need a full face.
Nick E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #3

Most people who own mopeds typically use them for short distances (a lot of kids on campus use them), so they don't even have a helmet. But it's better to be safe than sorry. Really I'd suggest whatever you like best, just dont get one off e-bay as it might be cracked or damaged somehow and its not worth that aspect of risk. ------
bobby b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #4

buy the helmet you feel most comfortable with in UK most use full face but some use open face ------
quasar is offline   Reply With Quote