Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Jackets > What motorcycle jacket?

What motorcycle jacket?

This is a discussion on What motorcycle jacket? within the Jackets forums, part of the Gear category; Would you wear a sport motorcycle jacket such as those worn people riding crotch rockets when you ride a cruiser? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2008   #1

Default What motorcycle jacket?

Would you wear a sport motorcycle jacket such as those worn people riding crotch rockets when you ride a cruiser? Why or why not? What type of motorcycle jacket is recommended for one riding a cruiser, so no racing, stunts or crazy riding habits would be done, and is quite breathable to where it would not get to hot wearing it in 90+ degree weather?
bikerlbf406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #2

wear leather, I don't care what you ride, you can come off of it, and you will be glad to have it. Get one with a removable lining, and"armored"this just means reinforced and a little padding at the elbows and back. And make sure it has vents, front and back so the air flows through, (zippered), I got a nice one new off ebay from sturgis SD for 120 bucks, very nice.
mycoldfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009   #3

Wear the jacket that is most comfortable for you. Fits you well, and is appropriate for your region.Many of the'synthetic'jackets have great armor, and you can get them in all black, for the'cruiser'look.It is a plus to have ventilation if you are in a hot part of the country.10 years ago? I swore by leather ONLY. I wore full head-to-toe Vanson roadrace leathers. In Texas. In 105 heat.Now I have an Aerostich suit I am very pleased with, and have'come off'at a club track day at 95+mph. It held up and protected just perfectly.Do not believe everyone you hear. Go to a shop, try on a few jackets Buy the one (or two) that are right for you.Protection is more important than looks, you can get both.http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/...le-Jacket.html
cstatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #4

Go with leather and a removable insert. Leather is the best in a fall, and it's only a matter of time til you go down. It will save your skin. ------
ama125mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #5

if $$$ is no object check out the FXRG line of jackets from Harley. They have leather and nylon, both have protection plates in them (just in case). ------
jeff j is offline   Reply With Quote