Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Aprilia > Can I ride a 50cc sportbike when im 16?

Can I ride a 50cc sportbike when im 16?

This is a discussion on Can I ride a 50cc sportbike when im 16? within the Aprilia forums, part of the Manufacturers category; Im moving to england in the summer and want to get a sportbike. I will be 16 but ive heard ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2008   #1

Default Can I ride a 50cc sportbike when im 16?

Im moving to england in the summer and want to get a sportbike. I will be 16 but ive heard all you can ride when your 16 is a 50cc moped. Whould I be able to ride something like a Derbi GPR 50 or a Aprilia RS 50? Im also about 6 feet, would I be to tall for these bikes?
Sam R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #2

you can ride a 250 you should get the ninja ------
Jubub D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009   #3

Ignore Jubub, he clearly hasn't read the question properly, and seems to have ignored the England part of it...Yes, you are restricted to 50cc, see the link below to the Govenrment website that gives you all the details of getting onto the road legally.As for being to tall for the bikes you've mentioned, I can't say. i was 6 feet tall or so when I was 16 and had my 50cc, and I managed fine, but it had a more upright riding position. I find most sports bikes fairly uncomfortable anyway, regardless of capacity, but there are folks bigger than me who find the riding position absolutely fine.The best advice would be to sit on a few and see how you get on, you won't know until you try, and it would be best to find out for sure BEFORE you spend your money.All the best with it mate, hope this helps. ------
Doctor Death is offline   Reply With Quote