Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Moto Guzzi > Is a Moto Guzzi Nevada Classic 750 a good bike?

Is a Moto Guzzi Nevada Classic 750 a good bike?

This is a discussion on Is a Moto Guzzi Nevada Classic 750 a good bike? within the Moto Guzzi forums, part of the Manufacturers category; I have read a lot of bad reviews about older models of these bikes having engine problems, but what about ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2008   #1

Default Is a Moto Guzzi Nevada Classic 750 a good bike?

I have read a lot of bad reviews about older models of these bikes having engine problems, but what about the new ones with fuel injection? And do those somewhat small engines do a good job of pushing them at cruising speeds (55 or 60)? It is an awesome looking bike, but don't know anyone who has one, and there are no dealers near my home. I hate to drive all the way to the dealer without finding out from someone who knows. Are they worth it?
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008   #2

in my opinion Moto Guzzi is the cheap, generic European bike
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #3

Moto Guzzi is a very old company, and a very small company. The bikes are built by about 35 people total. I think they make very good bikes, and I'm not sure what kind of problems you've heard about. I don't think I'd get one if the dealer is more than an hour or so away, as you may be tempted to skip maintenance if getting there is a hassle. Also, you need a dealer dedicated to Italian bikes, and is not selling Moto Guzzis as an afterthought. I think they're different, good looking, great handling wonderful bikes in a way only Italian bikes can be.
Rudy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #4

They have such a bad reputation over the years that even though they look cool I would be very wary. It may be worth it to you to take the risk just to be diffrent, who knows the quality could be much better now.
ninebadthings is offline   Reply With Quote