Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Moto Guzzi > Need input from Moto Guzzi experts?

Need input from Moto Guzzi experts?

This is a discussion on Need input from Moto Guzzi experts? within the Moto Guzzi forums, part of the Manufacturers category; Having never owned a Guzzi, I need some input on a technical question from those with experience on these machines. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2008   #1

Default Need input from Moto Guzzi experts?

Having never owned a Guzzi, I need some input on a technical question from those with experience on these machines. If I used a Moto Guzzi final shaft drive assembly (1979-1985) behind a stronger, modified engine (not Guzzi) approximately how much horsepower/torque could it withstand before it came"unglued". In your expert opinion, could it withstand 110HP and 90ftlbs torque? Thanx to all in advance for your answers!
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008   #2

I once owned a 1976 Moto-Guzzi Eldorodo 750.I had the engine reworked by Berliner of NYC 896cc.It dyno'ed at 146bhp/96ftlbs torque.The stock shaft and final drive stood up fine .I rode it for 2yrs no problems. I lost the bike to a 86 buick that hit her a over 100 mph.ps; the bike was parkd when she was hit.
Bob A is offline   Reply With Quote