Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Ducati > Maintenance on a Ducati?

Maintenance on a Ducati?

This is a discussion on Maintenance on a Ducati? within the Ducati forums, part of the Manufacturers category; Anyone heard of the maintenance cost on a Ducati? I hear they are OUTRAGEOUS. Like ~$500 a month for a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009   #1

Default Maintenance on a Ducati?

Anyone heard of the maintenance cost on a Ducati? I hear they are OUTRAGEOUS. Like ~$500 a month for a year round rider. Anyone who OWNED or PERSONALLY knew (not hey - i heard this) an owner who did the maintenance by the book wanna address this please. ------
Kenneth M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009   #2

The newer ones aren't even close to that, the older ones I can't speak on as I've never owned one. The good news is these are the easiest bikes to work on I've ever seen. Including the 70-80 Jap bikes. I mean an absolute breeze, you barely need a manual... I literally built mine from scratch with only referrencing a manual maybe 5 times. The bad part is the parts prices and you have to order everything. New belts are $93 dollars each(you need two). Fork seals are $113. A valve shim kit is $299(though it will last many times, and it's cheaper if you restock what you use). If you are not handy with tools and on a budget stay away. Also I wouldn't recommend one for a beginner, not because they are hard to handle but because if you have a get off the replacement parts aren't cheap. Unless you have friends. All that said, Ducati riders are a tight knit bunch and it's easy to find enthueist almost everywhere. Yeah some are snotty but a lot of them are super cool and organize regular meets and get togethers. If you decide to go this route contact me. I can almost promise I can put you in touch with some cool people just about anywhere.
Scotchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009   #3

check more reply from other places .
Teamworld is offer well-known branded names (i.e. BANDO, DID, NGK, YUASA) and accessories,Supply OEM motorcycle/scooter manufacturers such as Aprilia, Cagiva, Malaguti, Minarelli, Moto Guzzi, Kawasaki,and have Asiawide sourcing capabilities/production facilities.
Miomas0v is offline   Reply With Quote