Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Ducati > What do you think of the Ducati Multistrada?

What do you think of the Ducati Multistrada?

This is a discussion on What do you think of the Ducati Multistrada? within the Ducati forums, part of the Manufacturers category; Is the 620 just as good as the 1000 in terms of comfort and rideability? I'm a decent rider and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2008   #1

Default What do you think of the Ducati Multistrada?

Is the 620 just as good as the 1000 in terms of comfort and rideability? I'm a decent rider and would find either suitable, but is the 1000 worth the extra $$?
Pierre D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008   #2

The multistrada itself? Make sure you like the seat before you buy it. That's the single most common gripe I've heard about these-that the seat is uncomfortable and because of its construction, difficult to replace with an alternative.The styling is, uh, distinctive.As far as the 620 vs. the 1000, only you can decide whether the 1000 is worth the extra $$. I've ridden a BMW F650 for 75K miles and never really found it to be underpowered. Other folks turbocharge their Hayabusas. It's really a matter of what you're used to.
Thumprr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #3

ugly
pomjon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #4

I ride the Multistrada 620 Dark and have found it to be perfect for city riding because it's very agile and upright. On freeway riding it has great passing power, even at 85 miles per hour (should I admit that in public?) it has ample acceleration when needed. Seriously it can hit 95 before you feel like you're topping out the speed). However, I've never ridden a larger CC bike, so I don't know what to compare it to.Speed isn't everything. On mountain roads I love the agility of the thing. Let's just say that after 7,500 miles on my 2006 Multi I'm still smiling.Regarding comfort... I've heard some people say the seat seat is hard, but come on, compared to sport bikes, where you're hunched over and getting back pain, the Multi is very comfortable. I also would assume that at freeway speeds a larger touring bike would handle wind buffeting better. I'd ask some of the folks on Multistrada.net who treat it like a touring bike, if that's how you intend to ride it.
Flingford is offline   Reply With Quote