Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Triumph > Does anyone know a lot about Triumph motorcycles?

Does anyone know a lot about Triumph motorcycles?

This is a discussion on Does anyone know a lot about Triumph motorcycles? within the Triumph forums, part of the Manufacturers category; I just got a Triumph Legend 900 and on the windshield there is a sticker with a rat on it, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2008   #1

Default Does anyone know a lot about Triumph motorcycles?

I just got a Triumph Legend 900 and on the windshield there is a sticker with a rat on it, and the letters R A T. What does that mean? And, does anyone know about the Triumph legend? I had never heard of it until someone traded it in at a local dealership. Can you tell me about it ? And what is a Legend TT? My bike doesn't say TT on it anywhere. Is there a difference? Thanks for the help!!!!
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #2

A"Rat"bike is one that is usually old, rough, and sort of put together with chewing gum and bailing wire. That's here in the American South, anyway. Not that that applies to your bike,'rat'might mean something entirely different on the continent for all I know.As for the T, all I know is it's a classic, good looking traditional bike...
BeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #3

RAT is Triumph Riders Association,,,,,like H.O.G. is to Harley if you're familiar with that.http://www.triumph.co.uk/newzealand/...com/Here's a'99http://www.hermys.com/triumph/legend/1999/I'spose'98 was 1st year of the LegendI dont know much about them ,cuz i dont fool with bikes much anymore.There's bound to be a bunch of"Groups/Clubs"who know every intimate detail,,all the tips&tricks,,etc,etcTriumphs have been Cult Classics,,,'bout as long as they've been motorcycles,,,,so there's always somebody who knows"Everything"there is to know about them.The Hinkley machines,,I just dunno squat .
TXm42 is offline   Reply With Quote