Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Triumph > Is the new 2008 Triumph Street Triple likely to be high maintenance?

Is the new 2008 Triumph Street Triple likely to be high maintenance?

This is a discussion on Is the new 2008 Triumph Street Triple likely to be high maintenance? within the Triumph forums, part of the Manufacturers category; The brand-new 2008 Triumph Street Triple has the Daytona 675 motor with the naked street fighter style of the Speed ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2008   #1
ARF

Default Is the new 2008 Triumph Street Triple likely to be high maintenance?

The brand-new 2008 Triumph Street Triple has the Daytona 675 motor with the naked street fighter style of the Speed Triple. Is this bike likely to be tempermental and high maintenance like a Ducati or Harley? Am I better off going with a Japanese bike in terms of reliability and low cost of maintenance? I don't want a tempermental princess for a bike. I wanna jump on and go go go. I'm also considering the Suzuki SV650.
ARF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #2

Absolutely not. The new Hinckley Triumphs have developed a strong reputation for quality and reliability. This was the major focus of John Bloor when he bought the company back in 1983 - he realized that Triumph must develop a modern, highly dependable new line of bikes to overcome the old reputation of yore.They have obviously succeeded - Motorcycle Consumer News readers gave Triumph the best score ever for customer satisfaction a couple of years back. Buy one with confidence - a get a big grin on your face from one of the most enjoyable bikes out there today. I've owned two Hinckley Triumphs and they are stone cold reliable, have a lots of character, and get plenty of positive feedback everywhere you go (ESPECIALLY at the Harley hangouts! Man, it is so funny to see the Hogs riders steam when your Trumpet, that cost 1/2 as much as their bike, is sitting there getting ALL the compliments....).The one thing you need to check out is the reputation of your local dealer. This is the one thing Triumph has struggled with. We have a fantastic dealer here in Charlotte, but there are other folks around the country that are not so lucky.By the way - the Suzuki SV650 is also a very fun bike, so you'll surely be happy either way you go.
CafeTBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #3

it will be more similar to a jap bike than a ducati or harley, and also not very comparable to an sv650 because it will be significantly more expensive and also a lot faster. if you can swing the triumph i say go for it, but if it were me i'd get a used speed triple 1050! good luck and wave when you pass me on my vfr...
jonboy2five is offline   Reply With Quote