Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Triumph > Is the Triumph Speed Triple 675 a standard or sport bike?

Is the Triumph Speed Triple 675 a standard or sport bike?

This is a discussion on Is the Triumph Speed Triple 675 a standard or sport bike? within the Triumph forums, part of the Manufacturers category; I was told that standards have a more upright seating style and have true handlebars and the speed triple appears ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2008   #1

Default Is the Triumph Speed Triple 675 a standard or sport bike?

I was told that standards have a more upright seating style and have true handlebars and the speed triple appears to have both. I have no interest in a true sport bike as I don't like the seating position, but I love the sporty look. Is the speed triple a good mix?
Ian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #2

It's a naked sports bike,but the seating position is more upright.
mr x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #3

it is basically a stripped Daytona 675.... well atleast that is how you can look at it - it will be a little more upright and comfy - however if you are going for a first sport bike - i suggest starting a little smaller... 675's are pretty unforgiving..
Robert L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008   #4

Street Triple is the 675Speed Triple is a 1050The Speed Triple is quite a long reach to the bars, which forces more of a sporty crouch but you can get risers for the bars which gives you a more upright position, Triumph classify them as Street Fighters, which used to refer to sports bikes with the fairing removed and motorcross bars fitted. I suspect the Street Triple would be classed the same.
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #5

The"Street Triple"675 is a naked bike. A standard would be something more like the Triumph Bonneville.That sucker is going to be the hot item for 2008 - good luck getting one! Better get it on the Xmas list now. It also sounds like quite a torque monster - the heir apparent for the title of top stunt bike, taken away from it's big brother the Speed Triple....
CafeTBird is offline   Reply With Quote