Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Gloves > Best gear for winter motorcycling?

Best gear for winter motorcycling?

This is a discussion on Best gear for winter motorcycling? within the Gloves forums, part of the Gear category; Looking for some women's gear for cold weather. Not rain or snow, I live in Northern California. I've got a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2008   #1

Default Best gear for winter motorcycling?

Looking for some women's gear for cold weather. Not rain or snow, I live in Northern California. I've got a textile jacket and pants. I know I need to get gloves with longer gauntlets and a balaclava. Will a nice thick leather jacket and pants with layers be warmer than my textiles with layers? Please any suggestions on the style and brand would be great. I don't want heated gear, but any other suggestions for winter riding gear would be great too. Thanks
Reina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #2

First gear makes good winter clothing as well as allot of other name brand gear. If your gonna ride in near 40f weather then I'll tell you what I wear. http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm-comb...2007-women.htm Killamanjaro yeah check the spelling, link will take you there. the important part is buy something larger then you need as layers undernieth will make it work for all temps. Leather is great wind protection but doesnt stop the cold. For 10 minutes its ok, then the cold gets in and your in trouble. Now a leather with insulated inside (removable) and large enough to put a sweater under is great.Also gloves, Im talking winter gloves, the wind will get through the stitching and freeze your fingers, get the best you can, and then need to come over the sleeves to stop air from getting in.Oh yes, jacket , zipper with flap that velcro covers zippers and all pockets, it will freeze ya if it gets in. Neck, bring the neck up into the helmet.Helmet, Close al vents, need a face shield (preff full face), but when you stop it will fog, need to be able to lift face shield a little or inside will fog/freeze and you will have to stop asap and wipe.Good boots, no steel toes, good pants however Ive worn jeans with chaps and they worked for a hour or less. Make sure pants wont burn on pipes because you wont even know it happened and then they will be ruined.talk to local bike shops, a couple of them. Some will bs but other who ride durring winter will know what you need, and the cheapest youcan get away with.Good luck ! ------
rockbase is offline   Reply With Quote