Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Gloves > Buying my first dirt bike?

Buying my first dirt bike?

This is a discussion on Buying my first dirt bike? within the Gloves forums, part of the Gear category; I went to a motorcycle / offroad / speed boat dealership. I was looking at the dirt bike. I am ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2008   #1

Default Buying my first dirt bike?

I went to a motorcycle / offroad / speed boat dealership. I was looking at the dirt bike. I am 5'10 or 5'11 weighing in at 150-160 pounds (might lose weight during football season).Now I want a dirt bike to ride around a forrest preserve next to my house and just to ride around, not racing or to do jumps / tricks with.The sales man recommended the CRF150F to me and said for my body it will fit me like a glove. I sat on it, felt pretty good. Do you guys recommend that bike for me? The dealer said they are reliable and it would cost me about $4,000 with tax. Now as a first bike should I buy it new, or used. Should I asked for used bikes and would other stores sell used or purely new.The dealer was selling the bike to me for little over 4k with tax. I looked on the honda site this is a honda bike btw, the bike on the site was $3,149, what's up with that??Plus my dad is making me getting it next year when it warms up (live in IL) and I'm wondering should I buy the'08 model or'07
Bob j is offline   Reply With Quote