Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Gloves > Good Motorcycle Jacket For Me?

Good Motorcycle Jacket For Me?

This is a discussion on Good Motorcycle Jacket For Me? within the Gloves forums, part of the Gear category; Just got my first bike and before riding, I definitely wanna have my gear to protect myself.I have taken the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2008   #1

Default Good Motorcycle Jacket For Me?

Just got my first bike and before riding, I definitely wanna have my gear to protect myself.I have taken the class and am ready to go. I'm going to go to my motorcycle dealer and look at the jackets, helmets and gloves but I was just wondering what's a good brand of jacket and which one to go with that provides good benefits and all? Also, a good helmet and any info you can provide.And if it matters, I live in Phoenix, Arizona where the summer weather is about 110 and the winter time, it is no lower than 65 really. And I'm 19, 6 feet tall, and weigh 150 pounds.Thank you for your advice. Look forward to joining the motorcycle world!
blk600cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #2

check cycle gear .com and se if there is a store near you ,as for jackets alpinestar's,Icon,and Joe Rocket have some of the best jackets in either leather or textile with the protection needed for riding ,as for helmets HJC,KBC,Shoei, Scorpion and Arai all make good quality helmets if your on a budget look at the HJC and the KBC brands
dreynolds699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008   #3

Save yourself some money and go on Ebay and look around. If you go to the bike store and buy a jacket you are going to pay about 3 times what you could get the same jacket for n Ebay. I got a $190.00 leather jacket for $90.00 on there. As far as what type of jacket or a name brand, they are all good ones, but if you are looking to find the safest one, it really doesn't matter. My personal preference is leather.
golden rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #4

jackets4bikes have all kinds of full leather and textile jackets at really low prices check them out before you buy.
Bob A is offline   Reply With Quote