Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Gloves > How can I convince my parent's to let me get a motorcycle?

How can I convince my parent's to let me get a motorcycle?

This is a discussion on How can I convince my parent's to let me get a motorcycle? within the Gloves forums, part of the Gear category; So i got my motorcycle license (M2) with out letting them know about it, but when the found out they ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2008   #1

Default How can I convince my parent's to let me get a motorcycle?

So i got my motorcycle license (M2) with out letting them know about it, but when the found out they fliped !!!!!. So now i want to get a bike , but as u can probably guess they said"HELL NO". I got my license through a creditable motorcycle license safety school and i bought a jacket, helmet, and gloves, which cost me 1k, all of which i paid for my self to show them how serious, and responsible I am. i tried to tell them that i could save a lot of money on gas, but they say that they would rather pay more money for gas, than let me ride a bike. I am 19 at the moment and still live with them, so they pay all of my bills, even visa and iam afraid that they will cut me off if i do get the bike. I can afford to buy the bike my self and pay the insurance on it. WHAT SHOULD I DO ????!!!!
TRusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #2

tell them that it's okay because after most motorcycle accidents, the rider's body is unharmed. It's the head that gets smashed in. So they could make a few g's off your donated organs. DONT GET A BIKE
chatch15117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008   #3

you can rent a garage and store the bike there, buy a cheap bike, maybe even a mopad, and ride on your free timethere is really no shot to get the parents to agareeevery time i buy a motorcycle, my parents throw it awayi got 5 until they stoppednot joking, i'm still riding and alive today, my parents are retards
mikedrazehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #4

well this is a tuffy what i would do is have a family meeting and talk to them hart to hart ya know tell them you want this bike and youll be as safe and responsible as possible and i would start with a small bike first so you dont get too histaricle on it haha heres an awesome bike for only 1500 bucks free shipping perfeclty street legal and tital and all thathttp://www.kikker5150.com/hardknock.htmlbe safe ------
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011   #5

You need to take them into confidence. Talk to them about your passion for bikes and tell them that you are a responsible person. Learn about all the safety rules and share your knowledge with them.

Their safety concerns are valid and you need to make them comfortable with the idea of you being on a bike.

Go for a low-cost bike at first so that it isn't much of a financial burden on them.
billz is offline   Reply With Quote