Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Gloves > Are motorcycles THAT dangerous to drive with proper gear and training?

Are motorcycles THAT dangerous to drive with proper gear and training?

This is a discussion on Are motorcycles THAT dangerous to drive with proper gear and training? within the Gloves forums, part of the Gear category; I really want to learn to ride a motorcycle. If I do, I will be learning on a 250cc Ninja. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2008   #1

Default Are motorcycles THAT dangerous to drive with proper gear and training?

I really want to learn to ride a motorcycle. If I do, I will be learning on a 250cc Ninja. I will be taking the MSF course. I will have a DOT/SNELL certified helmet, armored gloves, armored jacket, and proper boots. I am not a daredevil, and I am not buying a sportsbike to fly down the roads and weave between cars. I am simply buying one because they are an affordable means of transportation, motorcycling runs in my family, and it looks like a great hobby to pick up. BUT HERE'S THE PROBLEM...My dad doesn't want me to get one due to the dangers. I agree that riding can be dangerous, but he owns three 1,000+ cc motorcycles. He says that when he started riding that things were different, and people actually watched out for bike riders. I also agree with this, but if everyone thought like him, they wouldn't take up motorcycling because things aren't the same as they used to be.I need you guys to help me show him that it's not so dangerous if approached correctly. Show me some studies!
wafer122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #2

Motorcycles are only as dangerous as the person operating the machine. If you disrespect the bike, it will kill you. Knowledge, training, and experience are what make a rider safe and able to take control in all situations. ------
Biker for Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010   #3

you ride a bike not drive it m8 cheers
fathercuda is offline   Reply With Quote