Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Gloves > Road trip on crotch rocket (motorcycle)?

Road trip on crotch rocket (motorcycle)?

This is a discussion on Road trip on crotch rocket (motorcycle)? within the Gloves forums, part of the Gear category; Out of all the times I have enjoyed taking my Suzuki RF 600 on the highway, long road trips are ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2008   #1

Default Road trip on crotch rocket (motorcycle)?

Out of all the times I have enjoyed taking my Suzuki RF 600 on the highway, long road trips are not one of them. Last summer I drove it from Columbus, OH to Western New York (about 300 miles) for free storage at my parents place and the trip was horrible. I have loud exhaust (a yoshi slip on) that vibrates the whole bike plus I am without cruise control. Due to these two factors, my back and @$$ fall asleep after so long and my wrist went numb from both the vibrations and the lack of cruise control. Is there anything I can do to prevent this seeing as I would like to avoid shipping costs and drive it back down to Columbus? Please don't tell me to change my exhaust and buy cruise control. Also, I did suit up last time, I wore gloves, a helmet, and thick clothing. Thank you!
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #2

I would put adjustable handlebars on the kat, A little wider and higher should take off some of the stress on your wrists. You must remember that you are going to do 300 miles on a motorcycle not a Mercedes."Crotch Rocket"? I cringe every time I hear that Phrase.
nymoto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #3

apparently you don't ride much. there ishardly any vibration on these bikes. the exhaustwouldn't make it vibrate.
gixx is offline   Reply With Quote