Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Gloves > solicitors claiming back claim percentage on a no fee win?

solicitors claiming back claim percentage on a no fee win?

This is a discussion on solicitors claiming back claim percentage on a no fee win? within the Gloves forums, part of the Gear category; i was the victim in a motorcycle accident, i contacted one of those claims direct type people they contracted a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2008   #1

Default solicitors claiming back claim percentage on a no fee win?

i was the victim in a motorcycle accident, i contacted one of those claims direct type people they contracted a solicitor to handle the claim on my behalf. both parties waived any fees as all fees were payable by the third party insurers. the bike was less then a year old, 3rd party insurers only gave me book price. i've claimed back on the helmet gloves and leathers as well. now the final settlement agreed by me for 5000 1/4 of that plus vat is being claimed back from me by the claims direct type people. my solicitor is asking me to sign a mandate to allow the final cheque to be made out to his firm so he can pay the claims direct type people thier cut. i have hard copy contradicting thier right to any money from me. i think both solicitors firms are trying to pull a fly one thinking i'm just an idiot who doesnt keep legal letters. has this happened to any of you before?i mean the solicitors from the onset waived any payment to them from me, it wasnt taken as a no win no fee case. it was taken as a win no fee case i:e gratis. they knew it was a winner. cops report hospital report. if they have me on a legal loophole i'll tell the third party insurers to forget the claim, i lost 2 years of my life, money means nothing if i could have that 1 second prior to the accident back.james m: i cant meet my solicitors in person the accident happened in scotland i'm in ireland, your right about a clerical error, the whole case was full of them. wrong medical reports same name different person, they allowed my phone number to fall into the hands of the 3rd party insurers who in turn gave it to my former employers who laid me off through injury and i was claiming for loss of earnings naming them in the original draft laying me off as a direct outcome of the accident.
herr fugelmeister is offline   Reply With Quote